From the beginning of the world human always faced the condition of war. But for fighting these circumstances, we had also developed some of our particular fighting styles popularly known as Martial arts. In early centuries martial arts were divided into two regions one is southern, and another one is Northern.
In the Southern part of the world, martial arts get most popularity in China, Japan, India, Thailand, Malaysia, and in Arabic countries. And in the Northern part of the world Russia, Israel, U.S.A, Korea and other respective countries developed their Fighting style. Martial arts is developed not only for self-defense, but it’s also developed for better physical as well as mental fitness. All of us heard about martial arts, but very few of them knows it’s true meaning and spirit. I will tell you about the top 10 lethal martial arts and also the actual meaning of Martial Arts. Let’s check out.
An art which focuses on better physical as well as mental fitness for development and safety of practitioner
Or self-defense or for striking some other hard. But Martial Arts is an entirely spiritual if we understood it in the right manner then one can realize it’s importance in life. Martial Arts is developed for spreading the message of Harmony among all the Nations of the world. Martial arts develops one’s personality and behavior to live life in a right manner. Some of the famous Legend of Martial Arts are Bodhidharma, Grandmaster Yip Man, Bruce Lee Etc.
List of Top 10 Best Martial Arts in World
- Krav Maga: – Krav means to combat, and Maga means contact, we can say it a contact combat art. The most deadly martial arts in the world is created by Israeli Defence Force. That’s why we included Krav Maga in our Top list of best martial arts. It contains a broad range of tackling techniques from judo, karate, aikido, superior wrestling, Muay Thai, boxing with practical fighting technique.
It is developed from the street fighting skills which focuses on effective and efficient counter striking. This Martial Arts include striking, grappling, hook and much more. Attacks are placed at very vulnerable parts of the body. Pressure Points and sensible parts are aimed in this self-defense arts. Students learn to defend against all variety of attacks and are taught to counter in the quickest and most efficient way.
This Martial Arts is mainly used by IDF ( Israeli Defence Force) Special Unit, But nowadays this also is available for Public and regular security forces. Imi Lichtenfeld is known to be as the developer of Krav Maga. He was a trained boxer, wrestler and knows various types of other martial arts. It’s a unique and focused on real world fighting situation. Training of Krav Maga contains a study of the surrounding, mental toughness with better concentration skills, simultaneous defense and attacks, and counter striking.
- Kung Fu: – Kung Fu a most a Popular and lethal Martial Arts in the world mostly practiced in China, the prestigious institution related to it is Shaolin Temple. But Kung Fu means the art you mastered from hard work, discipline and practice, not necessarily Martial Arts. Later the term got used in Martial Arts. “Kung” word refers to work and achievements, and “Fu” word is a type of synonym of man. Kung Fu is practiced by Shaolin monks for the strengthening of the body and mind. For the better study of Kung Fu, we can further divide it into three parts. A) Animal style b) Wu Shu c) Wing Chung style. For more details on the topic click here.
- Ninjutsu: – A Japanese oriented Martial Arts practiced by shinobi popularly known as Ninjas. Ninjutsu is one of the most lethal Martial Arts ever created by the community of ninjas, very deadly weapons like sword, chain whip, dagger, spear, etc. are the weapons used in this fighting technique. It is a quiet unique and typical martial arts and totally said to be the complete combat system. Nin means shinobi or art of stealth, secrecy, and concealment while Jitsu or just means school. Ninjutsu art is made from the 18 elements of samurai fighting skills.
Some of the standard Weapons of Ninjutsu included are:-
Bajutsu – horsemanship
Bōjutsu – stick and staff techniques
Bōryaku – tactics
Chi-mon – geography
Chōhō – espionage
Hensōjutsu – disguise and impersonation
Intonjutsu – escaping and concealment
Kayakujutsu – pyrotechnics
Kenjutsu – Sword techniques
Kusarigamajutsu – kusarigama (chain-sickle) techniques
Naginatajutsu – naginata (polearm) techniques
Seishinteki kyōyō – spiritual refinement
Shinobi-iri – stealth and infiltration
Shurikenjutsu – throwing weapons techniques
Sōjutsu – spear techniques
Sui-ren – water training
Taijutsu – unarmed combat
Tenmon – meteorology
- Katana – a long curved and single-edged sword, more commonly used by samurai or ninja who disguised themselves as a samurai.Kusari-Fundo, also known as manikin or man Rikki-guard – a chain and weight weapon.
Fukiya – a Japanese blowgun, typically firing poison darts.Shuriken – star-shaped knives, these small hand-held weapons could be thrown.Muay Thai: – A Thai oriented Martial Arts focuses on the striking enemy through elbows and knees and grappling for maximum damages.
This Martial Arts is also known as “Art of eight limbs” because it is performed by the combined use of fist, elbows, knees and shins makes a fighter Very efficient. Muay Thai become widespread in the twentieth century as a sport. It’s also one of the ancient martial arts may be developed in the 16th century. Today Muay Thai became a very advanced martial art, and spectators of this Martial Arts watches the fight for entertainment, and a hefty amount of money flushes on Muay Thai fight.
Formally Muay Thai techniques are divided into two segments one is major, and another one is minor. Almost all techniques in Muay Thai use the entire body movement, rotating the hip with each kick, punch, elbow and block.
Some of the attacks of Muay Thai are-
Punching.Jab, Cross, Hook and Uppercut
Super man punch
Spinning back fist
Overhead boxingElbowsMid-air elbow strike
Double elbow chop
Horizontal angle etc.Kicking and knees
Half-Shin, Half-Knee Kick
Reverse Roundhouse Kick
Down Roundhouse Kick
Axe Heel Kick
Diagonal knee strike
- MMA: – Full Contact Combating sport based on ground fighting technique and practical fighting technique. This Art includes striking, grappling both standing and on the ground method. The grand championship related to it is IFC ( Ultimate Fight Championship ). MMA is the mixture of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Karate, Taekwondo, and judoka.
This sport came into existence in the twentieth century, and it’s believed that MMA is one of the brutal martial arts in the world. Fighting technique includes punches, kicks, and knees of Muay Thai, Karate and Jiu-Jitsu and grappling technique of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and superior wrestling. Some of the fights. This Martial Arts focuses on strengthening practitioner Physically and Mentally for better personality development.
- Kalaripayattu: – Arts- The very ancient martial arts developed in southern India ( Kerala) which means ” Practice in Arts battlefield.” According to the local myths, Kalaripayattu arts is developed by Parshurama or Shiva, Agastya but some other believed that Saint named Bodhidharma developed this Martial art. It is known to be as oldest martial arts in the world.
This is mainly practiced in central parts of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. It includes open-handed full contact as well as semi contact combating techniques, sword fighting with the sword named Omri, and some people believed that the seven hands of Buddha technique are also practiced in Kalaripayattu. A practitioner of Kalari is Physically and Mentally fit as well as they are also the good practitioner of Yoga.
Many of the Poses of Kalaripayattu was inspired from Yoga like Pranayam, vajra mush ti Etc. Pressure Points are also focused on this Martial Arts, Yoga stretching and breath controlling. Weapons currently used in Kalaripayattu are the sword, shield, spear, machete, short stick, etc. So It is said to be a very lethal Martial art of the world.
- Jeet Kune Do: – Pressure one of the brutal martial arts created by the world’s most fastest Fighter “Bruce Lee.” Lee founded the system on July 9, 1967; he developed this art at a very young age. This art includes stPressurePoints, grappling and punching with speed and accuracy.
I have not invented a “new style,” composite, modified or otherwise that is set within distinct form as apart from “this” method or “that” method. On the contrary, I hope to free my followers from clinging to styles, patterns, or molds. Remember that Jeet Kune Do is merely a name used, a mirror in which to see “ourselves”. . . Jeet Kune Do is not an organized institution that one can be a member of. Either you understand, or you don’t, and that is that. There is no mystery about my style. My movements are simple, direct and non-classical. The extraordinary part of it lies in its simplicity. Every movement in Jeet Kune-Do is so of itself. There is nothing artificial about it. I always believe that the easy way is the right way. Jeet Kune Do only the direct expression of one’s feelings with the minimum of movements and energy. The closer to the actual way of Kung Fu, the less wastage of expression there is. Finally, a Jeet Kune Do man who says Jeet Kune Do is exclusively Jeet Kune Do is simply not with it. He is still hung up on his self-closing resistance, in this case, anchor down to reactionary pattern, and naturally is still bound by another modified pattern and can move within its limits. He has not digested the simple fact that truth exists outside all molds; pattern and awareness are never exclusive. Again let me remind you Jeet Kune Do is just a name used, a boat to get one across, and once across it is to be discarded and not to be carried on one’s back. — Bruce Lee
The original five ways of attack are:
Simple Direct Attack (SDA)
Attack By Combination (ABC)
Progressive Indirect Attack (PIA)
(Hand) Immobilization Attack (HIA)
Attack By Drawing (ABD)
- Karate: – Karate is also known as karate-does developed in Okinawa Japan, it is a full contact combat and focuses on striking enemy hard enough. Karate is now predominantly a striking art using punching, kicking, knee strikes, elbow strikes and open-hand techniques such as knife-hands, spear hands, and palm-heel strikes. Historically, and in some modern styles, grappling, throws, joint locks, restraints, and vital point strikes are also taught. A karate practitioner is called a karateka.
- Eskrima: – A Philippines-based stick fighting technique developed by Venancio Bacon in 1950 to enhance and preserve the combative nature of arnis which he felt was being watered down by other styles of Philippine martial arts. In Balintawak, the stick is only used to enhance and train the individual for bare hands fighting and to achieve perfection in the art of speed, timing, and reflexes necessary to acquire defensive posture and fluidity in movement. It helps to improve the flexibility of practitioner and mental strength.
- Taekwondo: – Taekwondo is also known as the incomplete Martial arts because it includes only kicking from knees and shins. It is originated in Korea characterized by performing high kicks, spinning kicks, and fast kicking techniques. Taekwondo was developed during the 1940s to 1950s by the various martial artist by incorporating elements of Karate and various other Chinese martial arts. This is a full and medium contact combating sport, focuses on striking and kicking.
A famous practitioner of Taekwondo is Donnie Yen, Tony Jaa, Billy Blanks, Jean-Claude Van Damme, etc. Taekwondo ranks are divided into two segments junior and senior section wearing color belts and Black belts. Practitioners in these classes wear belts ranging in color from white (the lowest level) to red or brown (higher grades, depending on the style of taekwondo). This Martial Art required full flexibility of legs and spine improves the strength of Practitioner and concentration skills.
Conclusion: – These are the world’s lethal Martial arts which are developed for personality development and self-defense. Every martial art focuses on practitioners physical fitness as well as mental fitness. The fact is you have to understand the true spirit of the martial arts and practice it by Fuller concentration.
I hope that now you have better knowledge about martial arts after reading this post which was written for readers like you. I tried my best to describe world’s top 10 martial arts self-defense techniques. These are best for self-defense as well as street fighting. If you like my post, then don’t forget to leave your comment.
Stay happy, stay fit, and keep reading my upcoming posts & older posts those are linked below.